One of the most successful Emerging market hedge funds is currently looking to add an Economist to their team in Hong Kong.
The firm are known as one of the leaders in the industry and as a result are looking for an individual with both a stellar educational background and professional experience. You will be working directly with the Chief economist for Asia and be part of a global team of economists situated in Hong Kong, London and New York.
• Conducting economic research and building econometric models, focusing on Asian economies
• Actively participate and contribute to weekly investment meetings
• Take up the responsibility for country coverage and trade ideas recommendations.
The candidate should be self-motivated and able to work independently, but also fit and contribute to a collegial environment and culture.
In order to apply you must have:
• Up to three years of work experience at a top-tier investment bank, buy-side firm, or an international financial institution (e.g. IMF, central bank or finance ministry)
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills
• Capacity to grasp and learn new topics and concepts
• Outstanding communication skills and attention to details
• Good understanding of statistics and econometrics; ability to build models with package such as R would be highly desired
• Keen interest in economics and financial markets
All applicants must be proficient in both written and spoken Chinese (Mandarin Preferred).
The ideal candidate will have a PhD but an MSC from a leading university would also be considered.
You should be able to discuss the China and wider Asian market confidently in an interview.
Global applications welcome
In order to apply please send your CV in WORD FORMAT to email@example.com or call 02080044001