A leading Global Macro Hedge fund with offices in London, New York and Switzerland is currently looking to add an experienced Economist to their team
You will be working with some of the most successful and thoughtful Macro minds in the world and therefore should be someone with in-depth knowledge of their country coverage from both a broader Macro Economic and deeper Local Market perspective.
You responsibilities will include:
- Identifying any major country imbalances and provide early warning of changes to the long-term economic outlook.
- Outline material differences between the Firm’s economic views and those of the government and/or consensus.
- Identify best and worst- case economic outcomes, as well their likely probabilities.
- Translate the Firm’s economic views into investment conclusions, to include interest rate and foreign exchange forecasts.
- Review daily economic releases and events and be able to identify forecast implications.
- Monitor market events and portfolio impact
In order to apply you should have:
- Proven experience actively covering the major liquid emerging markets in the European time-zone and selected less-liquid CEE and CIS countries.
- An MSC/PHD in Economics from a Top Rated/Globally recognised University.
- More than 5 years working as a Macro Economist within a Central Bank or top Financial institution.
There is an unrivalled salary Package on offer for this position.
This is a high profile position working within one of the most renowned Macro funds of Recent years. You will have the opportunity to work in a team where Economic forecasting is the driving force of the investment decision making and supported by an equally talented team of Economists.
In order to apply please send your CV in WORD FORMAT to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02080044029