A leading Macro Hedge fund is looking to add an experienced Economist to their team to cover the Euro Area.
You will be working directly with the portfolio managers and strategists and be a key part of the Economic team, developing macroeconomic views and investment conclusions that can add value to multi-asset portfolios (including fixed interest, foreign exchange and equities).
Your Responsibilities will include:-
– Economic research and forecasts for the Euro-Area , including forecasts for real GDP growth, inflation, current accounts and other relevant variables for the next two years.
– Recommend trades in the FX, credit and rates spaces
– Set up small-scale macro models for monetary policy analysis
– Identify any major country imbalances and provide early warning of changes to the long-term economic outlook.
– Estimate FX valuation models
– Review daily economic releases and events and be able to identify forecast implications.
In order to apply you must have:
- An MSC/PHD from a leading School in Economics
- Have experience working as a Macro Economist within an central banking organisation or Finance Ministry.
- Sell Side Banking experience will be considered if you have direct experience with Euro area policymaking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Macro Economist.
This is a high profile position working within one of the most successful Macro funds of Recent years. you will have the opportunity to work in a team where Economic forecasting is the driving force of the investment decision making.
In order to apply please send your CV in WORD FORMAT to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02080044029