A leading investment bank is looking for an experienced Computer Scientist with strong Python skills and experience in web development/visualisations to join their quantitative equities platform. The team develop and manage short to long term equity and cross-asset quantitative strategies and work on projects including, but not limited to, alpha generation through stock selection, factor modeling, portfolio construction, risk modelling and analysis. As the developer in the group, you will be part of the team developing the software platform and tools used by the data scientists and quantitative researchers for data capture, analysis, machine learning and algorithm development.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:-
- Working on IT infrastructure of the Systematic Quant Strategies team
- Design and implement new data feeds, pipelines and systems for data science and analytics
- Optimizing performance of databases or software pipelines
- Streamline integration of ‘Big Data’ into the investment process (data ingestion, data storage, querying and data processing)
- Working with researchers to source new data for models
- Combining data sets from Different sources
- Python Development
- Working with data scientists & quantitative researchers to translate prototype code into production
Applicants should be experienced in Data development and have a solid understanding of database and data warehouse theory and practice.
In order to apply you must have:
- Experience in software development using Python
- Data modelling and development
- Experience with data visualisation tools
- Development of data pipelines using Big Data tools or ETL
- Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals in OOD, data structures, algorithm design & problem solving
Understanding of quant equity processes and experience from a quantitative hedge fund or systematic strategies team previously is advantageous.
Applicants must be expert users of Python.
This is an excellent opportunity to work as a developer within a quant research team. You will report into the head of quantitative strategy research and therefore be more involved in the development of systematic strategies.
The role is available on a permanent or long term contract basis.
In order to apply please send your CV to email@example.com or call 02080044029
Interviews have already begun to take place.