A global long short fund is looking to add a senior analyst to their team to focus on global financials. Within this role you will be responsible for researching global stocks and your coverage will include banks, diversified financials and sub sectors related. This fund is looking for someone with significant experience and market knowledge who can come in and hit the ground running in their flagship global office. The fund itself is high conviction long short and has a long term investment horizon on both the long and the short side. They are looking for someone who is very bottom up and fundamental in their approach to analysing stocks and ideally has a background within private equity. The firm is growing, and therefore this particularly seat will play a vital role in the ongoing expansion of the firm, this person will ideally be based in the US and looking to move across to London.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Bottom-up and thematic fundamental research across global financial stocks
• Serving as a sector specialist looking at diversified financials
• Stock specific research, industry analysis and idea generation for long only and long short strategies
• Monitoring of portfolio positions under coverage
• Meetings with companies and management
The following skills are essential:
• Excellent written and communication skills.
• A good degree from a reputable university
• 3-8 years’ experience within equity investing or research preferably within global financials
• Strong team work skills with the ability to come up with original stock recommendations
In order to apply please send your CV in WORD FORMAT to firstname.lastname@example.org