A leading Global Macro Hedge fund is currently looking to add an experienced Economist to their team. You will be a key part of the Economic team, developing macroeconomic views and investment conclusions that can add value to multi-asset portfolios (including fixed interest, foreign exchange and equities).
Your Responsibilities will include:-
- Provide informative and accurate analysis of economic developments and prospects in the countries or regions for which you have responsibility, including forecasts for real GDP growth, inflation, current accounts and other relevant variables for the next two years.
- Identify any major country imbalances and provide early warning of changes to the long-term economic outlook.
- Outline material differences between the Firm’s economic views and those of the government and/or consensus.
- Identify best and worst- case economic outcomes, as well their likely probabilities.
- Translate the Firm’s economic views into investment conclusions, to include interest rate and foreign exchange forecasts.
- Review daily economic releases and events and be able to identify forecast implications.
- Monitor market events and portfolio impact
In order to apply you must have:
- Excellent knowledge and experience covering the Euro Area.
- An MSC/PHD from a leading School in Economics
- Have experience working as a Macro Economist within an central banking organisation or Finance Ministry.
- Ability to demonstrate existing expertise in a number of developed or developing economies.
- Sell Side Banking experience will be considered if you have direct experience with Euro area policymaking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Prior, direct experience with Euro area policymaking is a pre-requisite.
This is a high profile position working within one of the most successful Macro funds of Recent years. you will have the opportunity to work in a team where Economic forecasting is the driving force of the investment decision making.
In order to apply please send your CV in WORD FORMAT to email@example.com or call 02080044029