I’m currently working with an exciting hedge fund looking to expand their front office team in London.
The role would require flexible working as they trade within both European and US markets. So, some days you will be required to work earlier in the morning and some days will be a later finish when trading the US markets.
The role will entail
• Managing the efficient execution of equities, ETF’s, futures & FX (spot and forwards) across N.America, Europe, and to a lesser extent, Australia, and Asia.
• Coverage of early and late shifts to ensure staffing around European Open & US close.
• Interfacing with the Investment team to receive orders and execute inline with MiFID Best Execution Policy.
• Monitoring PnL, price action and broader market moves, distilling information and disseminating meaningful news and flow to the Investment and Trading teams.
• Monitoring FX exposure, trading spot/forward FX as appropriate to ensure book is hedged.
• At least 2 years’ professional experience in a trading environment; knowledge of US & European equity markets and liquidity landscape is essential
• Ability to work early and late shifts to cover the trading desk through European open or US close.
• Demonstrable understanding of general market protocol and etiquette, equity pricing and positioning.
• Knowledge around broker-sponsored algorithms, broker cash desks, dark pools and DMA facilities.
• Proficiency using Excel; building reports and monitors on the fly. VBA experience will be a positive.
• Fluency with trading technology, execution management systems and order management systems.
• Deep curiosity and strong analytical skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an exciting growing hedge fund, where you’ll be working within a well-seasoned team. You will gain exposure to both European and US Markets, as well as learning multiple different asset classes.
If you believe you’d be a good fit for the opportunity, please can you send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org